Diethelm Keller Aviation Annual Dinner 2011

Event: Diethelm Keller Aviation Annual Dinner 2011
Date: December 2011
Venue: Concorde Hotel


"The rain cannot dampen our spirit! We shall and we will have a good time tonight!"

I love it when the crowd has a good mix of Chinese Nationals and Indian Nationals. They love to have fun and are always so spontaneous. Sometimes it makes me wonder - What is the difference in their environment where they grew up in versus ours in Singapore? Is it the pursuit of academic excellence or the iPhones and iPads? But wait! Before anyone starts to think that Singaporeans are not fun-loving people, you may have to think twice. See our Mr Brown Show, The Noose and many of the excellent comedians like Kumar, Phua Chu Kang, Dim Sum Dollies (and myself, maybe?), they are great examples of the fun-loving attitude of Singaporeans!

We all enjoy a good laugh, be it laughing at someone's disposition, jokes, singing or dance moves. I love to bring laughter and joy to my audience. Each time before I stand on the stage, I visualise and think of how best I can make them laugh or to lift their spirits. Does it come naturally to me? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. What is most important is my belief - EVERYONE NEEDS SOME GOOD FUN AND LAUGHTER.

And tonight is no different. The crowd came from diverse background - different nationalities, languages, races, corporate hierarchy. Who cares? I just want everyone to have a good good time. From ice-breakers to finale games, the level of energy in the crowd remains high. From stage jokes to taking the jokes to the floor among the audience, the crowd responded well. As the saying goes - An emcee makes the crowd, but the crowd makes the show.

Thank you everyone for being such wonderful audience. See you next year~!

Presenting to you...


Just before the show...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave your comments.