Aker Solutions 20th Anniversary Dinner and Dance 2011

Event: Aker Solutions 20th Anniversary Dinner and Dance 2011
Date: December 2011
Venue: Swissotel Atrium Ballroom
Hei og velkommen til Aker Solutions 20th Anniversary! 

(Norwegian: Hello and Welcome to Aker Solutions 20th Anniversary!)

Tonight is the first time seeing a number of Norwegians friends in my event. And oh my, they are really really tall and good looking. The guys certainly looked suave and the ladies made me turned my head 180 degrees as they walked into the ballroom!! (Asians certainly look like shorty beside them! Muahahaha... *Laughing at myself*)

We started the evening slow and relax, with some light-hearted jokes and humour. In my opinion, with a good mix of crowd is always a great thing for the emcee. Why? Isn't it easier to entertain guests from similar background/ culture/ language, etc?

To me, it doesn't matter. The more myriad the mix, the better it is. Well, you see, sometimes even I am fascinated by my own self-created "think on your feet" styled of humour. Especially, when you thought this was funny and no one crackled, but somewhere you hear some others laughing away. You will be amazed at what turns the laughter switch on for different people. And I think that is real fun!

The first game got everyone up on their feet and participated. Here's a little photo:


Aker, Are you ready!!??!!


As the event went on, the level of energy, noise, cheers, cat-calls, grew louder and bigger. These guys are MASSIVEly energetic! And it was followed by a nice show of illusion magic. The illusionist was Stefan Ebinger, from Germany (http://www.stefanebinger.com/en/index.php). He's acts and moves are clean and sharp. (Even the DJ and myself sitting beside the console enjoyed ourselves!)

The highlight of the evening, has to be the guests themselves. The guests were totally ready to party and rock and roll on the stage. Coupled with my humour and jokes of poking fun, as well as my crazy wacky dance moves, it was a SPECTACULAR moment of entertainment for everyone. Here's some of the highlights:

Once you ready, you need to run up to the stage!!... 

Shall we groove, baby? 

Michael Jackson-styled jam break and tip toe!


"I had the time of my life.... and I never felt this way before." - Time of my life

Thanks everyone for making the show wonderful and perfect!

See you all soon. :)


Love,
Style! Emcee Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave your comments.