Data Storage Institute (DSI) Annual Dinner 2011

Event: Data Storage Institute (DSI) Annual Dinner 2011
Date: December 2011
Venue: Chevrons Jurong Ballroom


The theme - Movies Night - was simply awesome. Guests came dressed up in costumes from all different movies such as Matrix, Men in Black, Shanghai Tan, Pirates (Swashbuckler, Jack Sparrow, etc) and Tinklebell in Peter Pan. But the show was stolen by this guy that came as Counter Strike. You won't believe it, but its true. He was absolutely fully geared, with helmet, goggles, gas mask, gloves, sleeveless jacket that looked like bullet proof kevlar jacket and his shotgun rifle. He came down the halfway, mimicking the moves of the characters in Counter Strike. It was both hilarious and absolutely life-like!!

There was another guest that came in the costume by the lead actor Johnny Depp in Pirates of The Caribbean. He even had his beard styled just like Jack Sparrow!! There were so many other movie characters. Yet surprisingly I didn't see Bruce Lee in his yellow overall, or Superman with his underwear worn outside. Hmmm, maybe the guests also move with the times.

We had great entertainment throughout the night. The show curtains were opened by percussion group Wicked Aura (http://www.wickedaura.com/) and they blown the audience away with their catchy drum beats and energetic rhythms. And then after the first ice-breaker game we had Alex the Magician (http://www.alexthemagician.com/index.php). It was great to see Alex doing what he is best at - illusion and magic. He never fails to entertain both adults and children in his shows!

The interesting part about emceeing is that no matter what's the outcome or after-effect of the performance segment, it's important to quickly take the level of energy in the audience and bring it to the next level. That's what I call - Riding The Momentum. Straight to the stage with a joke or punchline so as to condense the energy and focus back to the emcee before moving on to the next line item on the programme.

I continued with my games and as always try to interject my games with more jokes, punchline and turning what I observed into something of a good laugh. I love what I do. :)

After the grand lucky draw, with our winners smiling sweetly with their prizes, the event wrapped up with a final fire dance. It's fun and exciting to always watch the fire dance performance, as I know they risk getting burn by the scorching heat and flame to bring on a good show for everyone. 

Here are two photos that I took for the event. Didn't have time to take more. If you have taken some photos for the night, please send it to style.emcee.sg@gmail.com. Appreciate lotsa and I promise to post on my blog!

Event  Poster

I love the backdrop - My favourite Mission Impossible 4 Tom Cruise

Thanks everyone. I totally enjoyed myself tonight. Please add me on Facebook at (http://facebook.com/style.emcee.richard) or like my page "Style! Emcee Richard Siaw".

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year~!
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave your comments.