NTU MAE Dinner & Dance 2011

Event: Nanyang Technological University School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Dinner & Dance 2011 Date: 18 February 2011 Venue: Ban Heng Restaurant (Harbor Front Centre) Time: 7pm - 10pm
Style! Emcee: How would I describe tonight event? A congregation of scholars and the best minds. I was honored to be chosen to host the event, especially since NTU is my alma mater. It is heartwarming to find familiar faces among the staff and professors seated in the audience. As an emcee, apart from the usual announcements, awards presentations and lucky draws, the real test of an emcee is the ability to warm the crowd and get them to be excited about the evening. The differentiating factor between a good emcee and a mediocre one lies in here. This is why top emcees are paid top dollars as they are able to engage and entertain the audience regardless of age, nationality, race, education and background. I did a brilliant job tonight in entertaining the audience, comprising of mainly the age group of 40s and 50s. How do I know? Laughter gets louder, claps are more resounding, more attention given, less people going to the toilet, and finally definitely easier to get volunteers and replies from any question you ask. This is the emcee's 6th sense. Somehow you know that you have caught the pulse of the audience. I felt happy tonight, after the organizing committee came to thank me for a great job. But what really got me happy about, is the fact that I got the chance to create an evening of fun and enjoyment for the staff and professors that once educated and nurtured me. Thank you for creating that spark in me to pursue my dreams. *cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave your comments.