Best Tech Air-con Engineering Pte Ltd Annual Dinner 2007

Event: Best Tech Air-con Engineering Pte Ltd Annual Dinner 2007
Date: 4th Jan 2008
Venue: Serangoon Gardens Country Club
Pax: ~60

Style! Emcee:

This is my first event in 2008!

Whenever I am asked whether it is easy to host an event for 1000 or 100, I always feel that it is more challenging to host an event for 100. An entire event without any performance except games and entertainment by the emcee is what I affectionately call it as "The Emcee's Test". Coupled with an audience of less than 100 pax, it is certainly a good routine for me to put my mettle to the test.

This event was certainly a good challenge with great success!

I started the first segment of fun and games with a simple table game. One advantage of small group setting is that it allows me to play a whole myriad of games that involved interaction among various tables. An event of more than 10 tables would not be as flexible and nimble to conduct table interaction games.

After the short warm up, getting the audience's attention and mood into fun and games, the first game was welcomed with great anticipation. Audience were treated to a splendid show of acting , mimicking and dancing by both the participants and I. The first entertainment segment lasted for 35minutes and the crowd was spontaneously cheering and laughing.

The next segment was the award presentation. One unique award was the Healthy Award, given to employees with zero medical leave within the entire year.

The 2nd fun game segment was a question and answer format. In this segment, I tested the audience's knowledge on songs of various genre. The crowd was totally awesome. Members of the audience were running towards the stage to give their answers and some were shouting the answers from their seats!

As it is with every dinner celebration, the finale is the lucky draw. The lucky draw numbers were placed in red packets (I guess Chinese New Year is coming) and audience were given the number of red packets based on the years of service. The prizes were simply fantastic!

The event ended on a high note with the audience giving loud applause for me as the emcee. I felt very appreciated and glad that everyone had a good time tonight.

What a great start to the new year~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave your comments.